The mandate of HRD Cell
- To assess the training needs of the staff and nominate them to various training programs
- To liaise with academic institutes to serve as a study center for a doctoral degree program.
- To liaise with HRM unit of ICAR for reporting and for implementing initiatives of HRM unit.
- To coordinate the registration of faculty and research scholars for a doctoral degree program.
Institute encourages high quality research leading to Master’s and Doctoral degrees. Students qualified in ICAR-NET, CSIR-UGC NET, DBT-JRF, INSPIRE and other National level exams are encouraged to do Ph.D. in subject matter related to brackishwater Aquaculture.
ICAR-CIBA is a recognized research centre for pursuing Ph.D. with the following universities.
- University of Madras, Chennai.
- Anna University, Chennai.
- Tamil Nadu Dr. J. Jayalalithaa Fisheries University, Nagapattinam.
Post-Graduate students interested in doing research can apply for the position of Project Assistants, Junior and Senior Research Fellows in different time bound projects. The advertisements for suitable positions are announced from time to time on our web-site and walk-in or online interviews are held on scheduled dates. Interested candidates may apply and upload their CVs for placement in response to the advertisement.
Post graduate students who have registered for their master’s degree in any of the UGC recognized universities can do six months project work at the Institute in the field of brackishwater aquaculture. Limited bench space is available for undertaking project work as a part of post-graduate degree in selected subject matter areas. The students will be charged a bench of Rs. 45,000/- for project work of up to 6 months duration.
Recommendation letter from HoD/Principal and CV may be sent to the Director, CIBA (Chennai) at least two months in advance.
Areas: Finfish culture, Crustacean culture, Fish nutrition and feed management, Fish health management, Environment management, Biotechnology, Bioinformatics and Economics & Extension.
Under-graduate and post-graduate students willing to do internship in any of the areas mentioned above may apply to the Director, CIBA, along with their CV and a recommendation letter from HoD/Principal. Limited bench space is available for undertaking internship. A bench fee of Rs. 20,000/- is applicable for internship up to one month and Rs. 35,000/- for period exceeding one month and up to three months.
Number of research scholars working in various research projects: 45
Number of research scholars pursuing Ph.D.: 15
Team Members of HRD Cell
- Dr.M.Makesh, Principal Scientist & Nodal Officer, HRD
- Dr.R.Saraswathy, Principal Scientist
- Dr.R.Geetha, Senior Scientist
- Dr.K.Ambasankar, Principal Scientist
List of students/faculty awarded Ph.D. degree