Ananda Raja. R. Dr
Discipline: Veterinary Pathology
Division: Aquatic Animal Health and Environment Division
Specialization: Veterinary Pathology
Phone: +91- 044 – 24618817
Fax: +91- 044 – 24610311
After taking masters in Veterinary Pathology in 2003 [year] and Ph.D. in Veterinary Pathology in 2016 [year], I have been working in CIBA since 2007 [year] on aquatic animal health. I currently work in Aquatic Animal Health and Environment Division in CIBA. I have been working on epidemiology of shrimp and fish diseases, pathobiology of Vibriosis in shrimp culture, antibiotic residues in shrimp aquaculture and nanotherapy for Vibrio control in aquaculture. I have contributed to disease diagnosis, control and prevention in aquaculture. I have interests in pathobiology of fish and shrimp diseases.
- Pathobiology of shrimp and fish diseases
- Diagnostics for aquatic animal diseases
- Nanotherapy for Vibrio control in aquaculture
Current Research Projects (3 important ones):
|1||Invertebrate and finfish diseases in brackishwater aquaculture and development of prophylactic and therapeutic strategies||Institute|
|2||Consortia research platform on vaccines and diagnostics||ICAR|
|3||National surveillance programme for aquatic animal diseases||NFDB|
|4||All India network project on fish health||ICAR|
- Experienced in gene knock down technology from Friedrich-Schiller-University of Jena, Germany
- Junior Research Fellowship for M.V.Sc. degree
- Prize Money Award for B.V.Sc. degree
- Gandhi Memorial Award for Higher Secondary Education
- District level rank holder prize for Matriculation
- Ananda Raja, R., Panigrahi, A. and Sujeet Kumar. 2012. Epidemiological Investigation of Brackishwater Culture System of West Bengal. J. Appl. Aqua. 24:1, 49-59.
- Ananda Raja, R., Ghoshal, T. K., Sundaray, J. K., De D., Biswas, G., Sujeet Kumar., Panigrahi, A., Kumaran, M. and Pradhan, J. K. 2012. Status and challenges of livestock farming community in Sunderban India. Indian J. Ani. Sci. 82 (4): 436–438.
- Ananda Raja, R., Jithendran, K. P., Panigrahi, A., Sundaray, J. K., Biswas, G., De, D., Ghoshal, T. K. and Sujeet Kumar. 2012. A rare case of Rhabdomyoma in milk fish, Chanos chanos (Forsskål, 1775) associated with Iridoviral infection. Indian Vet. J. 89 (10): 105-107.
- Ananda Raja, R., Sujeet Kumar, Sundaray, J. K., De, D., Biswas, G. and Ghoshal, T. K. 2012. Hematological parameters in relation to sex, morphometric characters and incidence of white spot syndrome virus in tiger shrimp Penaeus monodon Fabricius, 1798 from Sunderban, West Bengal. Indian J. Fish. 59 (4): 169-174.
- Ananda Raja, R., Kalaimani, N., Panigrahi, A and Ponniah, A.G. 2014. Effect of season and treatment of seed with antibiotics on grow out culture of Penaeus monodon (Fabricius, 1798) at Sunderban, India. Turkish Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences. 14:879-885.
- Ananda Raja, R and Jithendran, K. P. 2015. Aquaculture Disease Diagnosis and Health Management. In: S. Perumal et al. (eds.), Advances in Marine and Brackishwater Aquaculture, DOI 10.1007/978-81-322-2271-2_23, Springer India 2015 .
- Ananda Raja, R. and Sujeet Kumar. 2014. Advances in Molecular Diagnostics and Therapeutics in Aquaculture Research. In: Sundaray, J. K., Munilkumar, S., Mohanty, R. K. and Otta, S. K. (eds), Frontiers in Aquaculture Research. Narendra Publishing House, Delhi, pp. 195-204.
- De, D., Ghoshal, T. K., Ananda Raja, R. and Kumar, S. 2013. Growth performance, nutrient digestibility and digestive enzyme activity in Asian seabass, Lates calcarifer juveniles fed diets supplemented with cellulolytic and amylolytic gut bacteria isolated from brackishwater fish. Aquaculture Research, 1-11. doi:10.1111/are.12325.