Division: Finfish Culture Division
Specialization: Fish culture and reproductive physiology
After completing masters with specialization in Aquaculture (2012) I have joined CIBA in 2014. In ICAR-CIBA, I am working in Finfish Culture division. Presently, I am working on larval rearing and live food organisms. In Past, I have worked on fish physiology in changing environment and its impact on maturation. My broad interest areas are fish maturation, breeding and larval rearing.
- Fish physiology
- Fish breeding
- Live food organisms
Current Research Projects (3 important ones):
|1||Evaluation of reproductive biology, breeding, larval biology and seed production of candidate finfish species for Brackishwater aquaculture development||Institute|
|2||Development and refinement of finfish culture technologies for sustainable brackishwater aquaculture development||Institute|
|3||Biotechnological interventions and application of bioinformatic tools for improvement of brackishwater fish and shellfish||Institute|
- Selected for Agricultural Research Services (2013)
- Awarded Indian Council of Agricultural Research –Senior Research Fellowship (2013)
- Awarded Fellowship from Central Institute of Fisheries Education (2010)
- Babita Mandal, R. Kumar, U.L. Mohanty and P. Jayasankar (2014). Optimization of hormone dosage and Sex ratio for spawning success in Anabas testudineus (Bloch, 1792). 10th Indian Fisheries and Aquaculture Forum. Book of Abstracts, 10th IFAF. Pp no.122
- M.Kailsam, R.V. Borichangar, A. Bera, Babita (2015). Finfish candidate species for cage culture. Training Manual: Polyculture of Brackishwater Finfishes- an alternative entrepreneurship in coastal regions of Gujarat (TSP). ICAR- CIBA special publication : 78
- Krishna Sukumaran, Kailasam M., Makesh M., Gouranga Biswas, Prem Kumar, Aritra Bera, Babita Mandal, Rekha M.U., Subburaj R., Thiagarajan G. and Vijayan K. (2015). Scope of Low volume cages in open water brackishwater finifish aquaculture. 5th International Symposium on Cage Aquaculture in Asia. Book of Abstracts. Pp no. 76.
- Kailasam M., Krishna Sukumaran, Aritra Bera, Makesh M., Babita Mandal, Rekha M.U., Prem Kumar, Gouranga Biswas, Subburaj R., Thiagarajan G. and Vijayan K. K. (2015). Satellite nursery rearing of Asian Seabass (Lates calcarifer): Bridging the gap between hatchery and farmer. 5th International Symposium on Cage Aquaculture in Asia. Book of Abstracts. Pp no. 88
- Aritra Bera, Babita Mandal, Krishna Sukumaran, M. Makesh, Subburaj R., Thiagarajan G., Rajababu D., Kailasam M. (2015). Improved growth and reduced cannibalism in Asian Seabass Lates calcarifer fed with estradiol enriched feed. 5th International Symposium on Cage Aquaculture in Asia. Book of Abstracts. Pp no. 119.
- Babita Mandal, Aritra Bera, M. Makesh, Krishna Sukumaran, Rekha M.U., G. Thiagarajan, R. Subburaj and M. Kailasam. Effect of different light spectrum on Asian Seabass (Lates calcarifer) larval cannibalism and growth, 2016. 11th National Symposium on Innovations in Coastal Agriculture-Current status and Potential under Changing Environment. Book of Abstracts. Pp no. 169 - 170.