Tapas Kumar Ghoshal . Dr
|Division||:||Nutrition, Genetics and Biotechnology Division|
After taking a Masters in Animal Nutrition from NDRI, Karnal in 1994, I started a career as Veterinary Surgeon in Govt. of West Bengal. I have been working in ICAR since 1997 and joined CIBA in 1999. I obtained PhD in Animal Nutrition from West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences, Kolkata during 2005. I have developed feed for commercially important brackishwater fish species like Liza parsia, Mystus gulio and also working for the development of low-cost polyculture feed with locally available feed ingredients to address the fish farmers especially for Sundarban region of West Bengal. In addition, field level demonstrations were undertaken for the development of feeds for shrimp, mud crab and mullet. Conducted extensive multi-locational field trials and validated the indigenous feed technologies. I am also working for livelihood improvement of Sundarban farmers through the adoption of brackishwater aquaculture and different freshwater harvesting models. I have research interests in nutritional requirement study, fish breeding and livelihood improvement of farmers.
- Finfish and Shellfish Nutrition
- Fish Breeding
- Livelihood Program
|1||Novel approaches for development and improvement of sustainable shrimp and fish feeds||Institute|
|2||Development and dissemination of economically viable and sustainable brackishwater aquaculture technologies for livelihood improvement of small and marginal farmers of Indian Sundarban||Institute|
|3||Application of improved techniques for captive maturation, assessment of reproductive biology, system development for induced breeding, larval rearing and seed production of brackishwater candidate finfish species||Institute|
|4||Elucidation of the molecular mechanism of dopamine action on final oocyte maturation of goldspot mullet||DBT, Govt. of India|
- Received Nanaji Deshmukh ICAR Award For Outstanding Interdisciplinary Team Research In Agricultural And Allied Sciences 2015-16 (For Animal and Fisheries Sciences) on 5th March 2019.
- K. Ghoshal, D. De, R.K.Chakraborti and J.K. Sundaray, 2006. Effect of probiotics on giant tiger prawn, Penaeus monodon, production in pond culture at Sunderban area of West Bengal. J. Mar. Biol. Assoc. India., 48: 111-114.
- Biswas, Debasis De, A.R. Thirunavukkarasu, M. Natarajan, J.K. Sundaray, M. Kailasam, Prem Kumar, T.K. Ghoshal, A.G. Ponniah and A. Sarkar, 2012. Effects of stocking density, feeding, fertilization and combined fertilization-feeding on the performances of striped grey mullet (Mugil cephalus L.) fingerlings in brackishwater pond rearing systems. Aquaculture, 338–341: 284–292.
- Biswas, T.K. Ghoshal, M. Natarajan, A.R.Thirunavukkarasu, J.K.Sundaray, M.Kailasam, D. De, K.Sukumaran, P. Kumar and A.G. Ponniah, 2013. Effects of stocking density and presence or absence of soil base on growth, weight variation, survival and body composition of pearlspot, Etroplus suratensis (Bloch) fingerlings. Aquaculture Research, 44: 1266–1276.
- De, T.K. Ghoshal and R. Ananda Raja, 2014. Characterization of enzyme-producing bacteria isolated from the gut of Asian seabass, Lates calcarifer and milkﬁsh, Chanos chanos and their application for nutrient enrichment of feed ingredients. Aquaculture Research, 45: 1573-1580.
- De, T.K. Ghoshal, R. Ananda Raja and S.Kumar, 2015. Growth performance, nutrient digestibility and digestive enzyme activity in Asian seabass, Lates calcarifer juveniles fed diets supplemented with cellulolytic and amylolytic gut bacteria isolated from brackishwater fish. Aquaculture Research, 46: 1688-1698.
- De, T.K. Ghoshal, G.Biswas, S. Mukherjee, S. Kumar, P.S.S. Anand, R.A.Raja, and K.K.Vijayan, 2018. Evaluation of growth performance in Mugil cephalus 1. juveniles fed diets incorporated with fermented plant feedstuffs replacing fishmeal or diets supplemented with fish gut bacteria. Journal of Food Processing and Technology, 9: 4, DOI: 10.4172/2157-7110.1000728.
- Kumar, G. Biswas, T.K.Ghoshal, M. Kailasam, L.Christina and K. K. Vijayan, 2018. Current knowledge on the biology, captive breeding and aquaculture of the brackishwater catfish, Mystus gulio (Hamilton, 1822): A review. Aquaculture, 499 (15): 243-250
- P. Kumar, G.Biswas, T.K.Ghoshal, M. Kailasam and K.K.Vijayan, 2018. Embryonic and larval developments of brackish water catfish, Mystus gulio (Hamilton and Buchanan, 1822) induced with human chorionic gonadotropin and consequent larval rearing. Aquaculture Research, 49: 2466-2476.