Lalitha. N. Ms. Dr
Division: Aquatic Animal Health and Environment Division
Specialization: Veterinary Microbiology
Phone: +91- 044 – 24618817 Ext:113
Fax: +91- 044 – 24610311
After taking masters in Veterinary Microbiology in 2005, I am working in CIBA since 2010. I currently work in division of Aquatic Animal Health and Environment Division in CIBA. I am working on Bioremediation in aquaculture environment, Water and soil probiotics, Environment microbiology and Invertebrate Cell culture.
- Bioremediation in aquaculture environment
- Water and soil probiotics
- Environment microbiology
- Invertebrate Cell culture
Current Research Projects:
|1||Development of water and soil health card for environmental management of brackish water aquaculture system||Institute|
|2||National innovations on climate resilient agriculture||ICAR|
|3||Invertebrate and finfish diseases in brackishwater aquaculture and development of prophylactic and therapeutic strategies||Institute|
- N.Lalitha, R. Kalaimathi, and N.Dorairajan. Immunogenic assessment of chicken embryo fibroblast cell culture adapted infectious bronchitis virus vaccine. Indian Vet.J., 2009; 86 ; 1103 –1106.
- N.Lalitha, R. Kalaimathi, and N.Dorairajan. Pathogenic assessment of chicken embryo fibroblast cell culture adapted infectious bronchitis virus vaccine. Indian Vet. J., May 2009; 86 : 447 – 450
- Muralidhar M., Kumaran, M., Ashok Kumar., SyamaDayal, J., Jayanthi, M., Saraswathy, R., Lalitha, N., Panigrahi, A., Sreenivasa Rao., Muniyandi, B. and Murugan, P. 2013. Climate change and coastal aquaculture in West Godavari District: Andhra Pradesh: Impacts, vulnerability, adaptations and mitigations for resilience. Journal of Agrometeorology, 15: 116-122.
- Saraswathy, R., Pandiyan, K., Muralidhar, M., Thulasi, D., Jeba, M., Lalitha, N., Nagavel,A., Ponniah, A.G., 2013. Antibacterial activity of Zinc oxide nanoparticles against Vibrio harveyi. Indian J. Fish. 60 (4): 107-112.
- Kumar, S., , Anand, P.S, Debasis D, Deo, A. D., Ghosal, T. K., Sundaray, J. K., Ponniah, A. G., Jithendran, K. P., Ananda Raja, R., Biswas, G., and Lalitha, N. 2017. Effect of biofloc under different carbon sources and protein levels on water quality, growth performance and immune responses in black tiger shrimp Penaeus monodon (Fabricus, 1978). Aquaculture Research, 48 : 1168-1182.
- N.Lalitha, M.Muralidhar, R.Saraswathy, P.Kumararaja and A.Nagavel. 2017. Effect of cassava waste on bioremediation of nitrogenous metabolites and shrimp growth. Journal of environmental biology, 38 (4), 611 – 617.
- Vasanth, M., Muralidhar, M., Saraswathy, R., Nagavel, A., Syamadayal, J., Jayanthi, M., Lalitha, N., Kumararaja, P., and Vijayan, K.K., 2016. Methodological approach for the collection and simultaneous estimation of greenhouse gases emission from aquaculture ponds. Environment Monitoring and Assessment. 188;671. doi:10.1007/s10661-016-5646-z.
- Krithika, G., Saraswathy, R., Muralidhar, M., Thulasi, D., Lalitha, N., Kumararaja, P., Nagavel, A., Arun balaji and Jayavel, R., 2016. Zinc oxide nanoparticles – synthesis, characterization and antibacterial activity. Journal of nanoscience and nanotechnology. DOI: 24.08.2016