Division: Nutrition, Genetics and Biotechnology Division
Specialization: Aquatic animal health
After taking masters in Aquatic Animal Health in 2012 and PhD in Aquatic Animal Health, in I am working in CIBA since 2016 on feed additives in improving the health and growth of fish and shrimp. I currently work in the division of Nutrition, Genetics and Biotechnology in CIBA. I have worked on impact of traditional shrimp farming on the microbial population and Motile Aeromonas septicaemia (MAS) in cultured carps of West Bengal. I have contributed to Better Management Practices (BMP) for carp culture. I have interests in immuno-nutrition, feed additives and probiotics in improving the health of fish and shrimp.
- Effect of Moringa leaves on health and growth of fish
- Effect of brackishwater seaweed on health and growth of fish and shrimp
Recipient of INSPIRE Fellowship from DST
- Adikesavalu, H., Paul, P., Priyadarsani, L., Banerjee, S., Joardar, S.N., Abraham, T. J., 2016. Edwardsiella tarda induces dynamic changes in immune effector activities and endocrine network of Pangasius pangasius (Hamilton, 1822). Aquaculture 462 (2016) 24–29.
- Priyadarsani, L., Abraham, T. J., 2013. Ecology of antibiotic resistant Vibrios in traditional shrimp farming system (bhery) of West Bengal, India. Journal of Coastal Life Medicine 1(4): 267-274.
- Priyadarsani, L., Abraham, T. J., 2016. Water and sediment quality characteristics of medium saline traditional shrimp culture system (bheri). Journal of Fisheries 4(1): 309-318.