Satyanarayan Sethi, Dr
Division: Finfish Culture Division
Specialization: Fish and Fisheries Science
Phone: +91- 044 – 24618817 Ext:407
Fax: +91- 044 – 24610311
After taking masters in Freshwater Aquaculture (Fish Pathology and Microbiology) in  and PhD in Inland Aquaculture in  I am working in CIBA. Since 1.7 [year] on 15.05.2014, I currently work in division of Fish Culture Division in CIBA. I have worked on Breeding and Seed Production of Brackishwater Commercial Fishes and also Ornamental Fishes, I have contributed to induced breeding and seed production of Crescent Perch, Terapon jarbua and Orange Chromide, Etroplus maculatus with hormonal induction under captivity. I have interests in Breeding of other Brackishwater Ornamental Fishes.
- Breeding and Seed Production of Brackishwater Commercial Fishes.
- Breeding and Seed Production of Brackishwater Ornamental Fishes.
- Induced Breeding and Seed Production of endemic /endangered brackishwater fishes.
Current Research Projects:
|1||Development and refinement of finfish aquaculture technologies for sustainable brackishwater aquaculture development||Institute|
|2||Evaluation of reproductive biology, breeding, larval biology and seed production of candidate finfish species for brackishwater aquaculture development||Institute|
|3||Biotechnological interventions and application of bioinformatic tools for improvement of brackishwater fish and shellfish||Institute|
- Awarded Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) of ICAR for continuing Master Degree in fisheries Science (M.F.Sc) awarded Hiralal Choudhary Gold medalist during M.F.Sc. Programs during 1998-2000.
- Awarded Young Scientist in the field of Fish & Fishery Science in National Symposium on Prospects, Utility and Challenges of Biotechnology in Agricultural Development scheduled during November 11-12, 2011 from Society of Biological Sciences & Rural Development 10/96, Gola Bazar, New Jhunsi, Allahabbad-211019, Uttar Pradesh, India.
- Chandra kanta Mishra, Basanta Kumar Das ,Jyotimayee Pradhan ,Phalguni Pattnaik, Satyanarayan Sethi , Subhas Chandra Mukherjee. Changes in lysosomal enzyme activity and protection against Vibrio infection in Macrobrachium rosenbergii (De Man) post larvae after bath immunostimulation with b-glucan. Fish & Shellfish Immunology 17 (2004) 389-395.
- Basanta Kumar Das, Surya Kanta Samal, Biswa Ranjan Samantaray, Satyanarayan Sethi, Phalguni Pattnaik, Bibhudendu Kumar Mishra. Antagonistic activity of cellular components of Pseudomonas species against Aeromonas hydrophilla. Aquaculture 253 (2006)17-24.
- BISOVITA. SAHOO, S.SETHI, B.K.MISHRA, And B.K.DAS. Effects of Elecitors on Prophenoloxidase and Super oxide Anion Activities of Freshwater prawn, M. malcolmsonii. Asian Fisheries Science 18 (2005): 345-353.
- Satyanarayan Sethi, Subhash Chandra Mukherjee, Basanta Kumar Das, Surya Kanta Samal and Shalini Soni. Physiological Changes in Indian River Prawn Macrobrachium malcolmsonii Experimentally Infected with Vibrio alginolyticus and Vibrio anguillarum . Asian Fisheries Science 19 (2006): 129-137.
- E. S N Sethi, N.Ram and R. Soundarajan, 2009. Macrobrachium lar, an endemic freshwater prawn of Andaman: Descriptors of a Fish Genetic resources, NBFGR, Lucknow, UP, Indian Journal of Animal Sciences 79 (3): 339-342, March 2009
- S.N.SETHI, MOHADEV RAM KOKANE, SUBHENDU KUMAR OTTA, AND GUNESWAR SETHI 2015. First record of Ragged Sea Hare, Bursatella leachii Blainville, 1817 Opisthobranchia:Euopisthobranchia: Aplysiidae) in Pulicat lake, East Coast of India. Marine Biodiversity Records, Marine Biological Association of the United Kingdom,Vol.8;e-34, Page:1-3, 2015.
- G.Solanki,P.K.Patil,J.G.Vanza,P.Patel, S.N.Sethi and C.Gopal. 2014. Sea lice,Caligus rotundigenitalis infestation and its management in pond cultured Pearlspot, Etroplus suratensis in Gujarat: a case study. Journal of Parasitic Diseases, DOI 10.1007/s12639-014-0539-y.
- Shoba Joe Kizhakudan, S.Raja, K.S.Gupta, E. Vivekanandan, Joe K. Kizhakudan, S.N. Sethi, and R.Geetha Correlation between changes in sea surface temperature and fish catch along Tamil Nadu coast of India-an indication of impact of climate change on fisheries. Indian J. Fish., 61(3): 111-115, 2014