Shyne Anand. Ms
Division: Crustecean Culture Division
Specialization: Fish and Fisheries Science
Phone: +91- 044 – 24618817 Ext:431
Fax: +91- 044 – 24610311
After taking masters in mariculture in 2006 and PhD (Aquaculture ) in 2013 ,I am working in CIBA since 2008 on shrimp and crab farming, polyculture, seed production of crabs and shrimps, Artemia biomass production etc. I currently work in crustacean culture division, CIBA. I have worked on biosecurity management in shrimp culture, evolving techniques like periphyton and biofloc based shrimp farming, polyculture of mudcrabs with finfishes in West Bengal. I have interests in shrimp farming, polyculture, and artemia biomass production, seed production of shrimp and crab, study the physiological changes in larval cycle of shrimps and crabs etc.
- Farming of Shrimp , Mud Crabs, Polyculture, Artemia biomass production
- Seed production of shrimps and crabs
- Periphyton and Biofloc technology based shrimp farming
Current Research Projects:
|1||Technology upgradation and refinement for sustainable development of diversified systems and species of penaeid shrimp||Institute|
|2||Issues in Biology, reproduction and larval rearing of candidate crustacean species for brackishwater Aquaculture||ICAR|
|3||Upgradation of breeding and culture technology of Indian white shrimp Fenneropenaeus indicus through stock evaluation and culture demonstrations”||NFDB|
- Received P. Kameswara Rao Award for best oral presentation at Central Rice Research Institute , Cuttack during16-18 February, 2014.
- Received first prize in poster presentation award in National science conferences conducted at NDRI, Karnal during 3-6 Feb 2015.
- Certificate of appreciation for professional competency and excellence in academics, Central Institute of Fisheries Education Mumbai in the year 2008.
- Awarded ICAR Junior Research Fellowship and Hiralal Chaudhuri Gold Medal